- Only OTA member clubs are eligible to enter teams in the League. Team players must be a member in good standing of the OTA member club they are playing for.
- Each participating member club will select team players to represent their club using a criteria determined by that club
- A player can only play for one Tennis Toronto team within a single season (ie. ABC Club Red cannot lend players to ABC Club White). Once a player has played a match for a team they are only eligible to play for that same team during the current season.
- Players must be either under 18 or under 12 as of the prior December 31st to play in their respective categories.
- Under 12 players can play up in the Under 18 category at any time during the season.
- Clubs may field more than one team. Clubs are encouraged to field multiple teams of equal playing ability should they have enough players to do so.
- Applications for the league should be received by March 1st and can be downloaded from here.
- Is a mixed league allowing for any combination of boys and girls although each team needs to field at least one boy and one girl at each match.
- U12 matches are scheduled at 5 PM followed by U18 matches at 6 PM unless otherwise noted on the schedule.
- Is an entry level league and therefore eligible players must not be provincially ranked in the Top 50 of any age category.
- On court coaching after the 4th game is permitted and encouraged by a designated Team Coach.
Home Team responsibilities:
- Pre-match contact with their scheduled opponent by Thursday prior to the match.
- Advise of any dress code requirements or site specific rules prior to any match.
- Online updating of match scores within the week following the match.
- Provide match balls (low compression full court balls are permissible with prior agreement of both Team captains for Under 12 matches only) and a post match snack.
- Each club shall provide an adult (over 18) club member or club professional at all matches to represent that club and deal with any disputes, player injuries or behavioural problems during match play.
- A League match is defined as 3 separate doubles teams ranked 1 to 3 with #1 having the highest skill level and # 3 the lowest skill level, playing 12 games or for 1 hour, whichever comes first. Each game won is worth a single point towards their team’s total season score.
Season ending tournament:
- To be eligible for entry into the tournament a player must have played 2 regular season matches for their team.
- May only enter a single flight and age category for the tournament.
Rules of Conduct:
- All players, their supporters, and officials have a duty to encourage and maintain the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and fair play, and are under an obligation to avoid all conduct, acts or practices, which are perceived to be detrimental to the integrity of the Game. Please review the OTA Code of Conduct and the Tennis Canada Rules of the Court.
The Tennis Toronto Junior League Director has final say in all disputes pertaining to the League.